- Provide competency based training of the highest quality that will qualify individuals for employment and/or job advancement.
- Provide high quality training and retraining of employed workers.
- Provide high quality training that is economical and accessible to all residents of Tennessee, thereby contributing to the economic and community development.
- Provide an opportunity for each student to develop skills necessary to become employed in the trucking industry.
- Provide students with an instructor with appropriate experience and capabilities to facilitate the program.
- Teach each instructional unit in realistic and factual manner.
- Provide appropriate road driving experiences meeting the standards of the industry.
- Provide instruction in the fundamentals of routine paperwork required by the industry.
- Provide an opportunity for the development of specific personal traits and characteristics necessary for success in the industry.
- To drive defensively and to have knowledge necessary to operate the vehicle and abide by all regulations.
- To provide a student with necessary information enabling him or her to become better prepared in successfully passing the CDL examination both written and skills portion.